This healing broth is one of the first recipes I consistently made at the beginning of my health journey. It is incredibly soothing to drink. It’s best to make as large a bath as possible, then store it to drink over the next three days.
- Several cups of filtered or spring water, enough to halfway fill a large pot
- 3-4 stalks of celery
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- Large bunch of collard greens and/or kale
- Large handful of coriander
- Large handful of parsley
- 2 Potatoes (optional)
- 2 table spoons Irish moss seaweed (or any seaweed you can find)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Pink himalyan or sea salt
- Black and white pepper
Begin by having your water coming to a boil in the pot.
Roughly chop all vegetables, to smaller or larger cubes depending on how you would like them.
Add all vegetables in and bring the broth to a boil.
Add seaweed, coriander and parsley and turn the heat down to simmer.
Add the apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
Leave to simmer on a low heat for two to three hours.
The soup will be done when the vegetables are all soft and the colour is vibrant.
You can either strain the vegetables and use them for something else if you only want the healing broth, or you can enjoy as a vegetable soup.